Harper Homes provides a full property management service for landlords across Teesside. As a family run business, we are committed to providing a professional service with a high level of experience. There is a lot to do when letting out your property and as your property manager we can take away these worries and manage the tasks involved on your behalf.
Our complete service involves:
Rental advice & valuations based on our experience and knowledge of the area.
Locating suitable tenants and where necessary advertising your property.
Arranging and carrying out viewings.
Tenancy referencing, which the prospective tenant pays an administrative fee for.
Photographic inventory of the property before the tenancy starts.
Regular rent collections, from the tenants homes or by standing order.
Organising maintenance & repairs which are carried out by a team of local reliable tradesmen.
Managing any rent arrears, advising you on appropriate action to take.
Arranging annual safety tests.
Twice yearly property inspections, or more often if necessary.
Reletting your property when it becomes vacant with minimum vacant periods.
We also offer additional services to landlords for which we will agree fees for in advance:
If your property is in need of improvement we can offer advice and orgnaise any refurbishment in order to bring it up to a lettable standard.
If you are considering buying to let we can advise on the location and suitability of properties.
Guide for landlords:
Insurance is your responsibility and you should ensure that you are suitably covered.
Maintenace and repairs are at the landlords cost.
Harper Homes sources all suitable tenants who are carefully referenced; the tenant moves in only after signing the tenancy agreement.
All properties are let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for a minimum of 6 months.
We can customize our management package to suit you.
If you would like us to simply find a suitable tenant for you or you would like us to oversee the whole tenancy we can help.
We take a complete inventory using digital video and vocal condition notes before occupation by any tenant.
We then visit your property each week if necessary to collect rent and also to give us an opportunity to check on your tenants and the condition of the property.
Any damages or necessary repairs will be reported to you and estimates will be arranged with our panel of contractors for your approval.
We also arrange the required annual gas safety inspection to comply with regulations.
You will receive a monthly statement detailing the rent collected and expenditure, together with your rent distribution.
Brief List Of Services
- Sourcing suitable investment property.
- Advice on suitable properties for investment purposes.
- Specialist residential sales arranged for investment properties or portfolio’s
- Second opinion reports for property/s that you are considering purchasing.
- No obligation valuation and assessment of your property including advice on how to maximize your rental income.
- Full Credit Referencing of Tenants, with rental income protection insurance if required.
- Accompanied viewings with our skilled staff.
- Preparation of legal contracts and notices to suit your individual circumstances. A detailed digital inventory of your property and its condition.
- Rent valuations and rent collection with a monthly statement of income and expenditure.
- Accompanied check in/out of your tenants.
- Regular inspections throughout ongoing tenancies.
- Damages/repairs and maintenance can be arranged on all building aspects.
- Comprehensive insurances, designed specifically for Landlords, to protect your investment property. Additional cover can be arranged for tenants.