Harper Homes is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when personal information about you is provided to us.
- “We” or “us” shall mean Harper Homes
- “You” or “your” shall mean the tenant, resident, guarantor or customer(or prospective or former tenant, resident, guarantor or customer).
We must be open with you about why information is collected and what is done with it. Under data protection legislation we can only process data as necessary and only to the extent it is needed.
What personal information do we hold and process?
Personal information includes the following where applicable:
- Identity and contact details
- Personal/background information including date of birth/national insurance/occupation/status/health or disability/current & previous addresses
- Details about your finances and credit history
- Deposit if applicable
- Rent and other payments including welfare benefits
- Recovery of arrears
- Repairs/health and safety/housing conditions
- Breach of tenancy terms/nuisance/anti social behaviour/complaints
- Tenancy information including renewals and termination
- Emails, texts and other communication and via our website, social media and portal.
- Council tax liability
- Water charges payable
- Utilities and services provided
- Bank details if applicable
- Any county court judgments or similar judgments against you
- Whether you have ever been declared bankrupt
- Previous insurance claims
- References given by employers/landlords
We also collect and receive information from third parties, which may include without limitation
- All of the types of information listed above which you might have provided to us directly
- Public bodies such as local authorities or the police. This can include Department for Work and Pensions where you receive Universal Credit or the local authority where you receive housing benefit
- Credit checks and references
- As necessary, we may obtain information which is publicly available via search engines and social media and the voters roll
The way we use your personal information:
What we share will depend on what is necessary in the circumstances. This relates to how you conduct your tenancy, including rent arrears and any breach of the tenancy terms
- We use personal information for deciding on the suitability of a proposed tenant/resident/guarantor/customer
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as existing landlords to obtain a reference about you
- We use your information to provide the services you requested and to carry out our responsibilities under the agreement with you
- For our own administrative purposes such as to generate tenancies and rent records
- To send reference requests to other agents/landlords
- To send to contractors/tradesmen/suppliers/local authorities/utilities and service providers. We provide details of your occupancy to enable relevant billing from utilities and local authorities. We provide relevant information, such contact details to enable repairs, maintenance and to carry out legal obligations such as gas safety checks
- To public and government bodies, including those who administer benefits/courts/police
- To the owner of the property or any future owners
- To professional advisers such as accountants and website hosts
- To deposit schemes if applicable
- For debt recovery purposes if you default on rental payments
- To insurers/agents
- To contact your next of kin in the case of an emergency
- If you are a customer we may disclose your personal information to tenants/guarantors
Storing your personal information
We will ensure to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information we hold about you. If, at any time you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you should contact us email@example.com to have this information corrected.
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonable necessary for the purposes noted above.
You have the right to access the personal information we store. If we do not need your personal details to perform your requested services you have the “right to be forgotten”. This means that you can request us to delete your personal details. Requests need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions or if you would like to contact us please email email@example.com